Blue & White Thank You Card, Joan's Garden's Card Contest #JG0109




Happy New Year!

It has been a while since I have sat down and created a card with all the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season going on.  But I have to admit it was nice to take a couple of hours off and just sit back and play with all of my "toys".  Of course, when the doorbell rang...... LOL - I had to scurry....

This card was created for Joan's Gardens first card contest of the year.  The contest rules were to create a Blue and White "Thank You" card using four corner dies, and to add a flower.  Anyone who has seen some of my cards would realize immediately what a challenge this contest was for me.  Add only one flower!  What?  No buds?  No leaves?  No extra flowers....... Aaargh!  (heavy sigh here!)

Here's my card recipe:

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up: Night of Navy, Whisper White
Stamps:  Stampin' Up Curly Cute, Apothecary Art, and French Script
Dies:  Stampin' Up Framelits Labels Collection, Cheery Lynn Mini Fanciful Flourish, and Sizzix corner die
Punches:  Large daisy, medium daisy, and sun.
Bling:  Night of Navy mini brad

I hope you enjoy this card!  Please feel free to leave me a comment!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Deb. I am laughing because I know what you mean about wanting to add more to the flower. Thanks for joining us in our first challenge of the year at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog through the challenge at Joan's Gardens.
    I also make flowers using many of the dies that Joan sells along with the punches that I've been using for years. Your flowers and cards are gorgeous! I will now be following your blog and hope you will be posting more frequently. Love your very realistic clematis. I used to grow the purple one when I lived in New Jersey long ago. I even had it on a white trellis like on your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fran, Thank you for your wonderful comments! I discovered a whole new world when I found Joan's Gardens and her awesome designer, Selma. I can never go back to just stamping cards anymore! LOL! My dad used to grow clematis as well, and we had the dark purple ones, too. My card brought back wonderful memories. Stay tuned.... there's more coming! :-)

      Delete
  4. Stunning! this is so gorgeous, and so rich in the blues that I love...thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of You!

Thinking of You!
Welcome to my garden of paper petals. Nothing makes happier than giving a card to someone who treasures it. A friend of mine loves the color purple, so for her birthday, I made her a card with a large purple mum as the center, with light colored purple daisies, some dark purple flowers for depth, and some baby's breath as filler. My friend just loved the card, and has it showcased in a shadow box from Michael's. She couldn't wait to show me what she had done. Imagine my surprise when I walked into her family room, and there on the wall was my card hanging up on the wall. It looks beautiful! I hope you all enjoy it!

More to come ......

I am very new at this blog business, and it has taken me much longer than I anticipated to post my information, so please bear with me, as this "garden" is a definite work in progress!

Paper Hugs,

Deb