April 3, 2013

A Basket Full of Flowers ....

This card was designed with Spring in mind... a basket full of Tulips, Daffodils, and Forsythia.  But I do have to admit that I was greatly inspired by Selma's awesome card posted for this week's card challenge atJoansGardens.  WOW!

This card also meets the requirements for Joan's Garden's Weekly Challenge:
* Use some kind of container
* Fill it with flowers
* Use Yellow, Green and Orange
* You must use something sold at Joan's Gardens on your card.


All of the following products you can purchase at Joan's Gardens:  http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
White Square Frame by Joy Crafts:  #60020147; Tulips - Memory Box Tulip Petals; Forsythia - Memory Box Blooming Violet; Basket by Marianne Designs; and I also used Spellbinder's Classic Circles.  To add to the old-fashioned appeal, I just had to add some bling - half pearls purchased from Michaels.  

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Sage Green, Kraft, and Whisper White; Michael's Forest Green, Michael's bright yellow vellum, bright yellow and orange cardstock, and dark brown cardstock (to fill in the holes of the basket).

I had a lot of fun creating this card.  It helped me deal with this incredible case of Spring Fever I have.....

I hope you like this card....

Paper Hugs!

Deb

4 comments:

  1. Deb, your card is GORGEOUS, all those flowers are lovely and must have been a lot of work, you did a great job, very very pretty!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Deb, this is a fantastic job of creating beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work. So glad u are blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, what a gorgeous spring card you have created. Great job on your flowers and the entire design.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of You!

Thinking of You!
Welcome to my garden of paper petals. Nothing makes happier than giving a card to someone who treasures it. A friend of mine loves the color purple, so for her birthday, I made her a card with a large purple mum as the center, with light colored purple daisies, some dark purple flowers for depth, and some baby's breath as filler. My friend just loved the card, and has it showcased in a shadow box from Michael's. She couldn't wait to show me what she had done. Imagine my surprise when I walked into her family room, and there on the wall was my card hanging up on the wall. It looks beautiful! I hope you all enjoy it!

More to come ......

I am very new at this blog business, and it has taken me much longer than I anticipated to post my information, so please bear with me, as this "garden" is a definite work in progress!

Paper Hugs,

Deb